Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are flowers worth the money?


Lately so many people have approached me and asked why they should spend money on flowers?
My response is, why spend money on dining out? On going for drink after Softball or for Girls' Night Out? Or on new shoes or a round of golf? My response is, the experience. Your meal, your drink or the golf will not last forever - like flowers - but the value is in the occasion. It does not last forever, but does anything? Especially during an economic downturn it is so important to treat those around you, and yourself, to a smile, at less than the price of a new car, a vacation or diamonds. When I receive flowers as a surprise - it completely transforms my day - isn't that our goal? To enjoy the now, and help others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment